This hearty supper is healthy, cheap and filling, a great lunchbox filler.
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 400g Chantenay carrots cut in half lengthways
- 150g couscous
- 130ml boiling water
- 4 tbsp virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp crushed chilli seeds
- Juice of one large lemon
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and cut in half
- 1 bunch mint roughly chopped
- 200g Greek feta cheese roughly crumbled
- Sea salt and black pepper
What to do:
Preheat oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas Mark 4.
Place the carrots and garlic in a roasting tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the lemon juice. Season with sea salt and black pepper and sprinkle on the chilli seeds. Roast in the oven stirring twice during the cooking time for 20-25 minutes or until just tender but still with a bite. Then cool.
Meanwhile mix the couscous with the boiling water, stir well, add the 2 remaining tablespoons of olive oil, season and cool.
Mix together the carrots, couscous and mint, then fold in the feta cheese. Adjust seasoning if necessary.