Dip crunchy Chantenay carrots into this moreish dip for a superhealthy snack fix.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 30g deep fried crispy shallots
- 200g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 500g Chantenay carrots
What to do:
Mix all the ingredients together and top with crispy shallots. Serve with Chantenay carrots.
To make deep fried crispy shallots: peel the shallots. This is easier if you first soak the shallots in warm water for 10 minutes, then peel.
It hydrates the skin making it easier to peel them. Then very finely cut the shallots into rings, and fry in batches in hot vegetable oil until crispy and golden brown, drain well on kitchen paper, then use.
– Crispy shallots can be stored in an air-tight container for 2 weeks
– They can be used sprinkled on salads
– Use as a garnish for Asian-style dishes
– They can be used to garnish soups
– You could add freshly chopped herbs, e.g. chives, to this dip