Quick, easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes – what more could you ask for?
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g Chantenay carrots washed and cut in half lengthways
- 8 spring onions cut in 2.5cm lengths
- 1 medium red pepper seeded and cut into strips
- 2 cloves peeled garlic chopped finely
- 1 dessertspoon peeled ginger chopped finely
- 1 red chilli chopped
- 200g cooked fine rice noodles
- ½ tbsp vegetable stock
- A handful of fresh coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1 dessertspoon honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Extra coriander to serve
What to do:
Heat the vegetable oil in a wok and stir fry the carrots for 3-4 minutes being careful not to brown them too much.
Cook until just tender then add the rest of the vegetables, garlic, ginger and chilli and carry on cooking for a further minute. Add the cooked rice noodles and vegetable stock and toss together. Add the coriander and turn off the heat.
Meanwhile, warm the honey, soy sauce and lemon juice together, taking care not to boil the dressing, and pour over the Chantenay carrot stir fry with the sesame oil.
Check the seasoning and garnish with freshly chopped coriander. Delicious with stir fried meat and chicken dishes.