This braised Greek lamb with olives and feta recipe is a great taste of the Mediterranean. This easy to make one pot is a great option when entertaining guests.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours
- 1 kg diced shoulder of lamb
- 2 onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 300g Chantenay carrots
- 2 sticks of celery cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 50g sliced black olives
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tsp Bart Spices ground cinnamon
- 200ml white wine
- 100ml chicken or lamb stock
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp cold pressed rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mint
What to do:
Heat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 350ºF, 180ºC
Heat the oil in a casserole, add the lamb and cook until browned. Add the onions, Chantenay carrots and celery and cook for 5 minutes.
Then add garlic and cinnamon, cook for a further 2 minutes. Add rosemary, tomatoes, white wine, stock and season and mix well.
Cover, bring to the boil on the hob, and cook in the oven for 1.5 – 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the lamb it tender. Add a little more stock if it starts to get dry.
Take the casserole out of the oven, adjust the seasoning, stir in the olives and mint, and crumble over the feta. Serve with crusty bread.