A spicy, warming noodle soup recipe with exciting flavours that’s ready in just 20 minutes.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, peeled and finely chopped
- 150g Chantenay carrots, sliced
- 6 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- A good dash of fish sauce
- 1 litre of good chicken stock
- 150g pre-soaked rice noodles
- 24 prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- ½ bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
What to do:
Warm the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli flakes, green chilli and lemon grass and cook stirring constantly for approximately 1 minute.
Then add the sliced Chantenay carrots and shitake mushrooms, add a dash of fish sauce and cook for a further 1 minute.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Then add the noodles, prawns and spring onion and simmer for 4 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in the coriander, soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, lime juice and sesame oil.
Taste and adjust the seasoning, you may need to add a little more sweet chilli or fish sauce.