Deliciously creamy Chantenay
Because Chantenay carrots are small and full of flavour they make the ideal accompaniment to any meal, whether it?s a quick mid week side dish or a Saturday night special for friends.
What to do:
- Cover whole Chantenay in boiling water and add a pinch of salt (optional). Simmer for five minutes or until they are just tender which you can test with the point of a sharp knife.
- Put the cooked and drained Chantenay into a pan along with some double cream plus some chopped fresh tarragon.
- Stir gently over a medium heat until everything is warmed through, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add a splash of hot water if you prefer the cream to be thinner.
- Then sit back and enjoy your friends and family?s appreciation for producing such a quick and tasty dish.