Add some spice to your midweek meal with this speedy vegetarian main course. It’s addictively delicious and easy to make.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g Chantenay, whole & unpeeled
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ jar Tikka Masala Curry paste (we used Pataks)
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 350ml boiling water
- 4 tbsp thick plain yogurt (i.e. Greek yogurt)
- Handful of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
What to do:
In a large saucepan with a lid, fry the onion in the oil until soft (about 5 minutes).
Add the Chantenay and cauliflower florets, followed by the curry paste, tinned tomatoes and boiling water, giving it a good stir to mix. Bring up to boiling point and reduce the heat to a simmer.
Cover the pan and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir once or twice during cooking to make sure the vegetables cook evenly and remove the lid if the sauce needs thickening a little.
Turn off the heat and stir in the yogurt and coriander. Serve with plain rice.