Chantenay Carrots support the governments ‘5 a day’ scheme to encourage everyone to eat at least five portions of vegetable and fruit each day.
80g or approximately five Chantenay carrots count as one portion towards the recommended five portions of fruit and vegetables that we should eat each day.
One portion contains just 20 calories.
We are committed to working with schemes such as 5 a day to increase the awareness of healthy eating in schools and at home. We are currently looking to speak with schools around the UK and provide informational packs on the benefits of Chantenay Carrots for children. This includes helping children to understand the growing process, the health benefits and to appreciate Chantenay’s unique qualities.
Why Kids love Chantenay Carrots
We all know it can sometimes be a challenging task to get children to eat a variety of vegetables. Carrots tend to be popular with children for their sweet taste and crunchy texture, and with Chantenay there are even more benefits:
- One carrot snugly fits into the hand of a small child, no need to chop up or prepare they come ready to eat
- 4 carrots fit neatly into a lunchbox providing a great tasting and healthy lunch with no mess
- Chantenay taste great raw, almost like a fruit – great for picnics, snacks and eating on the go
- Great finger food, eat as many as you like on their own or with a dip
- Munch on them before dinner or tea and they won’t fill you up
- No wrapping, no core, no pips and no waste!
Online fun for small children
We recommend pupils between the ages of 4-6 years visit our ‘kids’ section of the website where they can meet ‘Tiny C’ and have fun learning about the benefits of Chantenay Carrots.